Below is the 2020-2021 school year Fireside Elementary PTO Board. Interested in open board or chair positions? Contact us!
- Co-Presidents - Amy House & Shelley Flecky email@example.com
- VP of Programs & Special Events - Emily Cote firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Fundraising - Amanda Cooley email@example.com
- Secretary - Kristin Evans firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Treasurers - Crystal Cline & Kelli Dunlap email@example.com
- Marketing - Deanna Dalzell-Chan firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the PTO?
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. Fireside Elementary PTO was established to provide support and assistance to families and staff. The PTO’s goal is to build community and organize many family activities and fundraisers to support programs that would not be offered at Fireside without the PTO’s efforts.
How can I become a member of the PTO?
As a parent or guardian of a child at Fireside, you are automatically a PTO member! It does not get any easier than that. We know you will be proud to be part of this great organization.
In what ways does the PTO help the school?
Each year, the PTO has a variety of fundraisers and the proceeds are put directly to use for enhancements to the classrooms, curriculum, and school grounds that otherwise would not be possible. Such programs include: Accelerated Reader, Art Masterpiece, Junior Achievement, PBIS, Enrichment money for each class, library books, field trips, building and grounds enhancements, classroom supplies, recreation items for recess, staff training, and funding for subs.
How does PTO raise money to help the school?
PTO fundraising dollars directly impact the students and the education seen at Fireside Elementary everyday in ways that would not otherwise be possible without the commitment and generosity of our entire community. Programs funded solely by PTO each year are: Accelerated Reader, Junior Achievement, Art Masterpiece, and Student Enrichment. Other programs receive significant funding such as the library, teacher supplies, physical education, professional development, PBIS*, STEM*, and general fund programs all directly affecting students and the quality of education they receive.
What is the Sponsorship Campaign?
We kick off every school year with our Sponsorship Campaign where corporate and patron (individual) sponsors are invited to support the school through cash or in-kind donations and in receipt donors receive various acknowledgements for their business or individual throughout the course of the school year. The goal for our fundraising efforts is to raise the maximum amount of money for the PTO, while keeping our expenses to a minimum. Our very generous corporate and patron sponsors enable us to realize these goals.
What is the United Parent Council?
Paradise Valley United Parent Council (UPC) is a district-wide parent group that has been active in Paradise Valley Unified School District for more than 30 years and is a 501(c)(3) organization. UPC’s primary goal is looking out for the interest of students. It does this by offering parents support, information and opportunities to be influential voices in the decisions that affect their children’s education.
The UPC Mission:
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and problem-solving techniques among the parents of the various schools on education issues so that all might benefit from each others experience.
- To inform and update parents on current issues and happenings in the field, sensitizing them to areas in need of attention.
- To provide leadership and representation for district parents so that they might unite and work together toward common goals more effectively and have an influential voice in the decision-making processes affecting their children.
- To maintain open relationships with teachers, the school board, and school administration in order to accomplish these purposes while maintaining UPC’s own autonomy.